"The child is the father of the man", Dr Maria Montessori.
Each stage in a child's development is an unrepeatable moment for parents, who will be faced with new questions. Montessori Palau Montgrí offers a service aimed at addressing all of these issues and in guiding families at any point in order to contribute ideas and resources and to unite the educational work that the family and the school do together. Through this service, small group sessions are organized and coordinated in order to discuss and exchange experiences.
The family workshops are designed for families from the school and for those outside the centre who wish to gain deeper understanding of different aspects of children's education.
The thematic axes, covering all aspects and needs, are as follows:
- The role of the father and mother in the child's life
- Psychomotor development and physical activity
- Practical life as a source of development of all intelligences
- The child and the environment
- Responsibility, self-discipline and freedom
- Life at school
- Affectivity and sexuality
- Communication between parents and children
- Social development
- Physical and emotional health
- Decision making
These workshops are led by Montessori Palau Montgrí teachers trained in Montessori Pedagogy by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) and the Department of Psychology and Guidance.